- My first nightly habit is an early warm shower, followed by a thick application of almond/honey shea body butter.
- A cozy bathrobe can make a huge difference in terms of hibernating comfort.
- A diffuser (cold mist) with Four Thieves essential oil blend to ward off infections.
- A rubbing of oil in the nostrils to moisturize.
- Flossing! A great habit to establish. If your gums are sensitive then use Glide floss, worth the extra money.
- An application of facial moisturizer followed by a couple of minutes of using a Chinese jade roller (upward, outward strokes) to absorb it into the skin.
- Vitamin D, 3,000 IUE, with a meal
- I read in bed with an amber light in my reading lamp. Warm and soft!
- In the morning, while it is still dark, I take a few minutes to meditate. I don't worry anymore about setting aside 20-30 minutes, because then it doesn't happen and I feel guilty. Instead, I light a couple of candles, along with some incense, I choose a 5-10 minute song on my phone and just sit. I don't fret about the day's quantity or quality of meditation, I just let it be what it is.
- I read a poem, while having my first hot beverage of the day. (See below).
- Drink lots of hot water throughout the day. I start the day with a cup of boiled water spiked with a lemon wedge, then throughout the day I add either a fresh ginger coin or a shake of powdered ginger. Warming and cleansing. Vanilla tea is lovely later in the day.
- On the weekends, I walk at our local park, 4 miles each time. I supplement my exercise throughout the week with indoor walking and weight workouts.
With cozy love and comfort,